Peanut Butter Dog Biscuit Recipe
Looking for healthy dog treats you can make at home? Try this dog biscuit recipe.
posted by Robin, January 18, 2010
Homemade dog biscuits are quite easy to make, and your dog will probably like them better. Mine does.
Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. milk
1/3 c. natural peanut butter
2 tbs. olive oil
1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch of kosher salt
- Mix baking soda and salt into the flour.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix with dough hook on med speed.
- When dough can be formed into a ball remove.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface (about a 1/4″ thick).
- Cut out with cookie cutters or simply cut dough into treat sized squares, with pastry wheel or pizza cutter.
- Place directly on baking sheet.
- Prick each biscuit with a fork.
- Bake at 300 degrees, for 45 minutes to an hour. 45 minutes will result in a softer “crunch” (good for older dogs).
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container or ziploc bag
Recipe courtesy of www.blommi.com/recipes/