I Kissed a Dog and I Liked It.
A recent survey of 482 U.S. dog owners states that more than two-thirds (68 percent) of those surveyed hug their four-legged friends more often than certain people in their lives. 30 percent of the dog owners surveyed say they hug their dogs more than their relatives and one quarter (26 percent) say that they hug their dogs more than their best friends.
A few other interesting statistics from the survey state that:
- 56 percent of dog owners say hugging their dogs makes them smile.
- 55 percent say it makes them happier.
- Almost 40 percent of dog owners say hugging their dog makes them forget about the stress in their life.
- More than 60 percent of dog owners surveyed say when they hug their dog, it returns their affection
I say that hugging your dog is fine and all but kissing your dog is where it’s at.
Admit it. You kissed your dog this morning too and you liked it. You know you did, even though nobody saw you, you kissed your dog before you left for work and it gave you a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Come on admit it!
Fine. I’ll be the first one to step up to the plate and admit that I kiss my dogs several times a day.
- I kiss them when I get up in the morning
- I kiss them when I leave for work
- I kiss them when I come for lunch
- I kiss them when I leave to go back to work after lunch
- I kiss them when I come from work
- And I always, always kiss them before I go to bed at night
Now those are the times that I know for sure that I kiss my dog. I am not including the kisses that I throw in just because they look kissable at that moment in time, like during a belly rub or after a good long game of fetch.
I don’t limit my kisses to just a kiss on the head either. While this may be one of the more popular places to kiss a dog, I like to switch my kissing areas up.
- I like to kiss their paws, which by the way, smell like Fritos.
- I like to kiss their noses, when they aren’t covered in mud.
- I like to kiss their ears and tell them that I love them.
- When they are lying on their sides, I like to kiss their shoulder.
- I don’t like to kiss their butts literally, but figuratively I guess I do every day.
I mean really, who could resist giving this sweet face a kiss everyday!
So tell me, do you kiss your dog? How many times a day do you kiss your dog? Do you have a preferred kissing area?